(Update: Registration is now closed.Â Use our contact page to add your name to our cancellation list and/or to be informed of future classes! )
The SURF SCHOOL will be in session . Class size is limited to 12 students for each day. RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY! The cost is $60 per day.
Each student should bring a bathing suit, sunscreen, and lunch. Beverages will be provided throughout the day.
Wetsuits will be provided if needed (water temp is expected to be a comfortable 72 degrees, but could vary) .Â Surf School Rashguards will be provided during the session and available to purchase for an additional $25.
Our SURF SCHOOL is an educational program for children ages 6-12. The program is open to boys and girls who are good swimmers and love the beach.Â Designed to be way more than just a surfing lesson, your child will learn how waves are formed, whatÂ turtles eat, how to spot a rip-current and more….all while having a blast at the beach !
The SURF SCHOOL will provide age appropriate, hands-on, education in the following subject areas:
- Water Safety
- Marine Biology / Beach Ecology
- Science and Applied Physics
- Art, History and Culture of Surfing
- Hand Craftsmanship
- Sport Psychology and Physiology
- Surfing for Sport, Fitness, and Pleasure
The curriculum for each subject has been specifically created for SURF SCHOOL.Â The primary goals of SURF SCHOOL are to:
- Introduce children to the healthy and confidence inspiring sport of surfing.
- Foster a sense of personal stewardship regarding beach and marine resource management.
- Provide a safe and exciting opportunity for learning and creative expression.
- Explore the broad range of occupations and academic interests related to surfing, beach management, and the coastal community.
- Introduce aspects of historical, as well as, modern-day surf culture.
- Promote friendly, environmentally responsible, coastal community living.
With the exception of severe weather, this event will run rain-or-shine.Â In the event of complete calm seas, stand up paddle boarding may be substituted for surfing instruction.Â In the unlikely event of dangerous seas, water activity may beÂ canceled Â while land based activities proceed.Â In this case, Â alternative dates for group lessons will be offered and/or discounted rate individual lessons offered.