DATES: June 26thÂ or July 17th (9am to 2pm)
Surf School is a beachside educational program for children ages 6 to 12.
Surf School will provide *Surfing Instruction*Â and hands on education regarding: *Water Safety*Ecology*Science*Art*Craftmanship* and more!
Tuition: $100 per school day (includes lunch, snacks, drinks, and a “Surf’s Cool” rashguard.
Class size: Class size is limited to 8-12 students each day. RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!
Registration: You can REGISTER ONLINE here.
Items to Bring: Each student should bring a bathing suit and sunscreen.
You can view a slideshow from our last Surf School here.
The program is open to boys and girls who are good swimmers and love the beach. Designed to be way more than just a surfing lesson, your child will learn how waves are formed, what turtles eat, how to spot a rip-current and more….all while having a blast at the beach ! The curriculum for each subject has been specifically created for SURF SCHOOL. The primary goals of SURF SCHOOL are to:
- Introduce children to the healthy and confidence inspiring sport of surfing.
- Foster a sense of personal stewardship regarding beach and marine resource management.
- Provide a safe and exciting opportunity for learning and creative expression.
- Explore the broad range of occupations and academic interests related to surfing, beach management, and the coastal community.
- Introduce aspects of historical, as well as, modern-day surf culture.
- Promote friendly, environmentally responsible, coastal community living.
With the exception of severe weather, this event will run rain-or-shine. In the event of complete calm seas, stand up paddle boarding may be substituted for surfing instruction. In the unlikely event of dangerous seas, water activity may be canceled while land based activities proceed. In this case, alternative dates for group lessons will be offered and/or discounted rate individual lessons offered.